For cremation at a low price, we offer two options that will meet your needs.
Our Basic Cremation is the lowest price offered by any funeral home in the area.
$1997.55 including tax
Our Estate Cremation is chosen more often than the Basic Cremation primarily because of the invaluable personal help of our Estate Care Assistance.
$2997.60 including tax
Prices valid on new contracts only.
We price-match written quotes from cremation providers because as your local funeral home, we want to serve all local families.
Our "Basic Cremation" at $1997.55 includes:
Local transfer of the person from the place of death to James Reid Funeral Home
Facilities for preparation/shelter
In-person arrangement conference of up to 1 hour with a licensed funeral director, if desired
Online, email and phone arrangements, as desired
The necessary documents (permits, forms) completed
A cremation container, with options at additional cost
Cremation onsite by our certified crematorium operators using our environmentally-friendly crematorium built in 2014
A temporary urn, your choice of plastic or cardboard
- Signed release of cremated remains to the next-of-kin or informant
- Six Funeral Director's Proof of Death Certificates; each additional $35/each
Bereavement Support Service (six free sessions & groups) by request only
An optional brief goodbye of up to an hour for up to 10 people in a suite, including Basic Preparation of the body, for $180
An additional $75 is charged for transfer between 5pm and 9am
Pace maker removal is $100
Applicable tax on additional items.
Our "Estate Cremation" at $2997.60 includes in addition:
- Estate Care Assistance, an in-person meeting at the funeral home with our Estate Care Provider including hands-on assistance with Canada Pension Plan applications, Personal Pension Plans & Life Insurance, Health Card cancellation, Canada Revenue Agency notification, and Checklist.
- In-Person Arrangement with a Licensed Funeral Director of up-to 3 hours, if desired. Online, email and phone arrangements as desired.
- Family Time, a brief goodbye for up to an hour for up to 10 people in a suite, including Basic Preparation of the body
- Twelve Funeral Director's Proof of Death Certificates, with an unlimited number available as you need them.
Why Choose Cremation
at James Reid's Family-Run,
Independent Funeral Home ?
- Cost: Our low, competitive price will satisfy. We do not pass on to you the fixed costs of running a successful funeral home because we don't need to.
Convenience: Unlike other crematoriums, we are open seven days a week. We also offer remote signing of contracts, online arranging, and phone support 24/7 and email support between 8 am and 9 pm.
Expertise: Excellence in service. Our courteous, knowledgeable staff will help you and treat you and your loved one with dignity. Our mission is to provide compassionate service that helps families heal.
Environmental: No smoke and no emissions except Carbon Dioxide as recorded for the Ministry of the Environment on our computerized Continuous Monitoring System.
Peace of Mind: Prior to cremation we offer "Family Time," a time to say good-bye in one of our visitation suites. You may also witness cremation if desired.
Beautiful Facilities: Accessible, comfortable, and relaxed setting when you make arrangements, have Family Time, and receive the remains.
Optional Service Choices: If you would like to add a private or public gathering, we can arrange and host it for you in our suites, chapel, graveside, or Celebration Centre.
Support After the Death: Estate Care Assistance, a separate in-person meeting with our Estate Care Provider, sets us apart from all others in the area, as we are told. One-on-one grief support, as well as groups, have helped thousands of Kingstonians over the last 28 years of the complimentary James Reid Bereavement Support Program.
If you've prepaid elsewhere, please ask us how easy it is to transfer it to us. We do the paperwork and you do not have to revisit the original crematorium or funeral home.
Jim & Sarah Reid, 4th & 5th Generation Reid family-run Owner and Assistant Manager