COVID-19 UPDATE, MAY 28th, 2020
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
We are keeping ourselves safe and healthy to serve our community. While we are grateful for Kingston's healthy situation so far, we are saddened when these restrictions make it difficult to accompany your loved one in sickness, unto death.
What you need to know when someone you love dies at this time:
- We will bring your loved one to us, no matter where they died, within one-three hours of receiving the call (day or night).
- We'll talk with you soon after over the phone to discuss wishes.
- Contracts can be signed via email, or two people may come in.
- Pre-arrangements are honoured.
- Family Time, a complimentary time to say goodbye, is still available.
- Cremation in our Crematorium and Burial at a Cemetery are still available. Both are ready to operate 24/7 if necessary.
- Gathering is restricted to maximum 10 persons at a time.Those present must physical distance.
- You may choose a visitation, funeral service, and/or graveside service of up to 10 people at a time. This can include a Clergy or Celebrant, flowers, music, eulogies.
- During visitation at the funeral home, 15 minutes between groups of 10 are needed to disinfect.
- We offer complimentary Live Streaming and recording. A way this works is described in our Blog, "Streaming Goodbye in Covid-19".
- A Celebration of Life or Funeral Service may be postponed for when the restrictions are lifted. We will help you with your plan, creating a DVD of photographs, choosing catering, etc. while we wait.
WE MUST ASK THAT ONLY THOSE WITH NO SYMPTOMS of COVID-19, NO CONTACT WITH ANYONE WHO HAS THESE SYMPTOMS, AND NO RECENT TRAVEL COME INTO THE FUNERAL HOME IN ORDER TO LIMIT THE SPREAD.
Jim and Sarah