COVID-19 UPDATE, July 16, 2021: Ontario’s Reopening Plan, Step Three
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
We are able to offer the following, in compliance with the Public Health guidelines carefully followed*:
1. Funerals and Celebrations of Life in our chapel for up to 60 people including family, officiant and guests. Livestreaming is complimentary and allows an unlimited number of guests to attend online. RSVPs are recommended and contact tracing, social distancing and mask-wearing are required. Seating plans are used; ushers lead out from the back.
2. Visitations in our largest suite for 13 people or in our Reception & Celebration Centre for 20-25 people including family and guests. Contact tracing, social distancing and mask-wearing (except while eating and drinking) are required.
3. Drive Up Visitations for an unlimited number at our Celebration Centre door, by car. Up to 15 family members stand inside our Reception Centre back doors, separated by two large screen/Plexiglas doors. Each car drives right up to our awning, and the passengers share condolences from within their cars. A viewing may be offered in the alcove just before the doors.
4. Graveside services are unlimited, when funeral home staff is in attendance, including family, officiant and guests (Not all cemeteries allow the unlimited number of people please inquire for each specific cemetery). RSVPs are recommended and contact tracing, social distancing and mask-wearing is required. Please note, cemeteries do not offer speaker systems so if numbers are too big not all guests will be able to hear the ceremony.
5. Receptions & Celebrations of Life for up to 25 people including family and guests in our Reception and Celebration Centre. Food and refreshments are permitted, and may include catering and bar. RSVPs are recommended, and contact tracing, social distancing and mask-wearing (except while eating and drinking) required.
What you need to know when someone you love dies at this time:
- We will bring your loved one to us.
- We'll talk with you soon after to discuss wishes. You may wish to get started with this form Immediate Need.
- Contracts may be signed via email, or you may come in to arrange.
- Pre-arrangements are honoured.
- Family Time, a time to say goodbye, is still available and encouraged.
- Cremation in our Crematorium is ongoing.
- Burial at Cemeteries are ongoing.
- We offer complimentary Live Streaming on an interactive website which allows attendees to upload photos, sign the guestbook, read the order of service, and add their condolences to the chat.
- You may choose a visitation, funeral service, and/or graveside service. This can include a Clergy or Celebrant, flowers, music, eulogies. These may happen many months after a death.
- Eulogies, candle-lighting, flowers, readings, a slideshow of memories are all meaningful ways to say goodbye, even if the size of your gathering is smaller than wished for. Recording it, live and/or for later, means others can partake as well.
*Our staff will be screening visitors, providing medical masks to all, taking information for contact tracing, disinfecting continuously, and ensuring physical distance is observed. We screen ourselves daily, sanitize regularly, wear medical masks except when eating our lunch at our desks, use staff-washrooms, work from home as much as possible, and work with KFLA Public Health as well as the Bereavement Authority of Ontario to be above-standard in following guidelines.
Masks or face coverings must be worn at indoor and outdoor funerals. Condolences are best given verbally during Covid, as hugs and handshakes put the family at risk. Maintaining 2 meters from others keeps us all safe.
ONLY THOSE WITH NO SYMPTOMS of COVID-19, NO CONTACT WITH ANYONE WITH THESE SYMPTOMS, AND NO ONE WHO SHOULD BE SELF-ISOLATING DUE TO TRAVEL, CONTACT, OR SYMPTOMS SHOULD COME INTO THE FUNERAL HOME IN ORDER TO LIMIT THE SPREAD.
Jim and Sarah